This position is responsible for daily IT Service tasks including: data backup and restoration of physical and virtual servers; Microsoft Windows system administration, monitoring, upgrades, patch management and email system administration.
Additional duties may include support of third party systems or operating systems as required.
• Develop a strong relationships and provide a very high level of service to our growing client base
• Contribute to overall proactive support initiatives
• Provide remote and on-site support
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Apply patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Respond to monitoring alerts to quickly identify trouble source and implement resolution
• Create and maintain client documentation
• Contribute to client projects as required
• Work with a team of professionals and share knowledge
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in helpdesk/support role in an IT environment
• Experienced in the management of multi-platform hardware and software environments including Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, Exchange 2010/2012, networking (TCP/IP) required.
• Previous experience with a Managed Services Provider would be an asset
• Experience with HyperV or VMWare virtual server environments is desirable.
• Scripting with Powershell, Perl, Java, and VBScript required.
• Industry Certification(s) (one or more of Network+, Security+, MCP, MCSE, MCITP, VCA, CCNA, ITIL)
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Committed to providing the highest level of customer service and responsiveness.
• Experience with Windows desktop and server operating systems
• Experience with Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
• Experience with Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions
• Experience in networking including routing, VPN’s and VLAN’s
• Knowledge of integrating Mac into a Windows environment is a definite asset
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Valid driver’s license and your own vehicle is required
Send us an email to email@example.com with your CV.