You’ve gone through and setup your Windows servers to update their time from a reliable Internet source. However there is a server that won’t stubbornly update from the PDC!
Here are some tricks to try:
1) From an elevated command prompt:
net stop w32time
2) Next unregister the service:
3) Re-register the service:
4) start the service:
net start w32time
5) Try to resync and rediscover the PDC emulator:
w32tm /resync /rediscover
If that still doesn’t work check on your PDC Emulator server to make sure the broadcast flag is properly set by doing the following:
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
3. In the right pane, right-click
AnnounceFlags, and then click Modify.
4. In Edit DWORD Value, type
A in the Value data box, and then click OK.
5. Quit Registry Editor.
6. At the command prompt, type the following command to restart the Windows Time service, and then press ENTER:
net stop w32time && net start w32time
If all that fails, you can enable detail logging by entering the following command:
w32tm /debug /enable /file:c:\temp\w32tm.log /size:10240000 /entries:0-300 /truncate
Then open the log file in c:\temp\w32tm.log. Hopefully you can troubleshoot with the extra info in there. When done disable by entering:
w32tm /debug /disable